Gerry B. Cater represents private equity
funds in investments in private and public companies. He also represents
corporations in securities offerings and cross-border acquisitions.
Mr. Caterís broad practice includes venture capital financings, private
equity transactions, mergers and acquisitions, securities offerings and
international joint ventures. The range of his practice includes
representing start-up entities in raising capital and private and public
companies in various transactions.
Mr. Cater has worked on matters involving some of the industryís most
prominent venture capital and private equity firms, including Carlyle
European Venture Partners, New Enterprise Associates, Camden Partners, ABN
Amro International Venture Capital, and Interconex.
Mr. Cater also works on major transactions with important public policy
Mr. Cater previously served for two years on the Audit and Investigations
staff of the US Senate Select Committee on Intelligence.
- Represented a private equity fund in a Public-to-Private transaction of
a London AIM listed company.
- Represented a major oil company on various public policy aspects of a
$10 billion acquisition in Germany.
- International Aviation, Defense, and Aerospace
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Securities Enforcement and Regulation
- J.D., Yale Law School, 1992, Essays Editor, Yale Law Journal
- B.A., University of Oklahoma, 1987