Speaker Under the Spotlight
Hubert Rampersad returns to Portugal to
talk us about his most recent book "Personal Balanced Scorecard"
applied to companies of high grouth potential. Hubert is specially
atracted by venture capital as he considers that recent created companies,
developing fast and complex structures, have a good opportunity to apply
Balanced Scorecard since the beggining, instead of developing it later
when the companie is already running with all its habits.
During his stay in Portugal, this specialist will realize two seminars,
one in OPorto and another in Lisbon, dedicated toBalanced Scorecard.
R. 7 de Junho de 1759, n.º1
Lagoal; 2760-110 Caxias
Tel.: (+351) 214 416 460
Fax: (+351) 214 417 387
now see the creation of favorable conditions to technological and
organizational innovation in the Portuguese companies, reinforcing
the clusters’ dynamics and its knowledge and competence base. At
the same time, there is an increase in company constitution from,
biotechnoly and life sciences. Therefore, it's important to create
conditions, like an adequate legal-tax framework, that allows to
convince a raising number of people, with financial resources and
entrepreneurial ability, to become active business angels. This will
result in a near future, in our country, cases of success businesses
financed in their start-up by informal investors."
Subjects of this 7th Meeting:
Biotechnology and Life Sciences
- Busines Angels Networks
- Venture Capital Legal Frame
Elevator Pitch/ Private Sessions
These are innovative initiatives in Portugal but have already
showed success in previous Gesventure events. To proove it,
there are already many companies that raised capital after
participating, namelly: Outsystems, Aqual, Tic-Tac, BioTrend,
Satellite Newspapers, Localiser e Bysat.
If you are looking for capital to finance your project, send
us your business plan untill 28th October to the following
What is it?
Five minutes presentation to the attendance with the
purpose to get some feedback from present investors.
Selected projects also have the opportunity to present
their business plans to a Venture Capitalist with the purpose
to schedule a second and more extensive meeting.
In 1968, the cientists
Robert Noyce and Gordon Moore talked to a very important investor named
Arthur Rock to help them in raising money to finance their project - INTEL.
Rock, nowadays considered the 'father' of Venture Capital, wrote a
Business Plan of 2 pages and raised 2,5 million dollars. Today, INTEL
worths 200 billion dollars and is considered one of themost influent
hi-tech companies in the world.
»»» 50% Off
Untill 12 October «««
General: €125 (-50%) = €62,5*
Students: €50 (-50%) = €25*
(* plus 21% VAT)
Why Should You Come to 7th Gesventure Meeting?
- Networking (national
- Market Trends Update
- Get to Know New Business Ideas
- Close Contact Between Investors and Entrepreneurs
- Important Event in Portuguese Venture Capital Market
- Alberto Moreno - Ex-President of
Lisbon's Santa Maria Hospital
- António Neto da Silva - Businessman
- Bruno Sommer - BioTrend CEO
- César Bessa Monteiro - Abreu Cardigos & Associados Partner
- Claire Munck - EBAN - European Business Angel Network Director, Belgium
- Claude Rameau - France Angels CEO, France
- Helena Vieira - BioAlvo CEO
- Hubert Rampersad - TPS International CEO, The
- João Lobo Antunes - Catedratic Professor of Lisbon's Medicine Faculty
- João Pessoa e Costa - Ambelis President
- João Vicente Ribeiro - PME Investimentos President
- Marta d'Oliveira Gaspar - Lawyer at Abreu Cardigos & Associados
- Nelson Bernardo - Raposo Bernardo & Associados
- Nuno Miranda - ISQ Capital de Risco
- Nuno Arantes de Oliveira - Alfama CEO
- Pedro Pissarra - Biotecnol CEO
- Raymund Vorwerk - BANSON, Germany
- Reginald Vossen - BAN Vlaanderen, Belgium